No products in the cart.
Starting @ $119
The AcousticCurtain™ is a soundproof curtain that blocks outside noise, solving your noise problems at minimal expense and without disrupting the comforts of your home. Each AcousticCurtain™ is hand-crafted and customized to fit the dimensions of your window.
Video: AcousticCurtain™ Sound-Blocking Demonstration
How does it work?
While most sound-blocking curtains merely absorb sound, the patented AcousticCurtain™ actually deflects sound waves, directing them away from your living environment. This sound deflection makes the AcousticCurtain™ the most effective sound-blocking curtain on the market.
In order to deflect sound the curtain uses a dense, flexible, sound-blocking core that averages between 10-15 pounds — although much smaller or larger curtains may vary. If you intend to retract the curtain every day or the window is placed very high up on your wall, the AcoustiTrac may be the best option for you. It contains the same sound-blocking technology as the AcousticCurtain™, but it retracts by sliding on a track rather than rolling upward to retract.
How much sound does it block?
The AcousticCurtain blocks most outside noise, dramatically transforming your home’s atmosphere. To see just how much sound the AcousticCurtain blocks, check out this handy infographic.
How does it attach to my wall?
The AcousticCurtain is supported by grommets at the top, and comes with industrial hangers that can be nailed into the top of your window frame or your wall. We have designed the hooks to minimize impact to your wall or frame, making the AcousticCurtain ideal for apartment or rental homes. We also offer premium hooks, if you prefer a more refined look for the curtain.
The AcousticCurtain™ is held snugly against your walls using sewn-on micro-Velcro to ensure that sound doesn’t seep around the edges and into your living space. It takes less than 5 minutes to install and can be retracted with sewn-in straps when you want to let in light, sound, and fresh air.
If you require ceiling mounted hooks, that’s not a problem! Request ceiling mounted hardware in the Order Notes section during checkout.
- Light-blocking: the AcousticCurtain blocks more than 99% of outside light. Many people purchase the AcousticCurtain simply to use for its light-blocking properties.
- Thermal properties: the AcousticCurtain has insulating properties, lowering your home’s heating and cooling costs.
- Decor: available in a wide variety of colors, the AcousticCurtain™ pairs well with any living space.
The AcousticCurtain and AcoustiDoor™ ship within 5-10 business days, although we often are able to deliver them sooner. If you can’t wait, or just want to block out the noise now, consider our standard-sized AcousticCurtain™. We keep these sizes in stock and guarantee they’ll ship within 1-3 business days of your purchase.
- The final curtain size should overlap the window by 3″ on all sides, to allow for a firm seal without sound slipping around the edges. That equates to 6″ in height and 6″ in width.
- The curtain can seal either on the wall or the window frame itself.
- If you have special measuring considerations, take a look at our in-depth measurement guide.
- Questions? Contact us!