How does it work?
While most sound-blocking curtains merely absorb sound, the patented AcoustiCurtain™ actually deflects sound waves, directing them away from your living environment. This sound deflection makes the AcoustiCurtain™ the most effective sound-blocking curtain on the market. In order to block the sound, the curtain uses a dense, sound-blocking core, and averages between 10-15 pounds, although much smaller and larger curtains may vary.
How much sound does it block?
The AcoustiCurtain™ blocks most outside noise, dramatically transforming your home’s atmosphere. To see just how much sound the AcoustiCurtain™ blocks, check out this handy infographic.
How does it attach to my wall?
The AcoustiCurtain™ is supported by grommets at the top, and comes with industrial hangers that can be nailed into the top of your window frame or your wall. We have designed the hooks to minimize impact to your wall or frame, making the AcoustiCurtain™ ideal for apartment or rental homes. We also offer premium hooks, if you prefer a more refined look for the curtain.
The AcoustiCurtain™ is held snugly against your walls using sewn-on Velcro to ensure that sound doesn’t seep around the edges and into your living space. It takes less than 5 minutes to install and can be retracted with sewn-in straps when you want to let in light, sound, and fresh air.
- Light-blocking: the AcoustiCurtain™ blocks more than 99% of outside light. Many people purchase the AcoustiCurtain™ simply to use for its light-blocking properties.
- Thermal properties: the AcoustiCurtain™ has insulating properties, lowering your home’s heating and cooling costs.
- Decor: available in a wide variety of colors, the AcoustiCurtain™ pairs well with any living space.
The AcoustiCurtain™ and AcoustiDoor™ ship within 5-10 business days, although we often are able to deliver them sooner. If you can’t wait, or just want to block out the noise now, consider our pre-sized AcoustiCurtain™. We keep these sizes in stock and guarantee they’ll ship within 1 business day of your purchase.
We’d love to hear from you. Please contact us with any questions or if you’d like a free sound consultation. Because each curtain is custom-made to the size of your window, we aim to ship all curtains out in a timely fashion, typically within 5-10 business days.
- The final curtain size should overlap the window by 3″ on all sides, to allow for a firm seal without sound slipping around the edges.
- The curtain can seal either on the wall or the window frame itself.
- If you have special measuring considerations, take a look at our in-depth measurement guide.
- Questions? Contact us!